LGBTQ+ at KPMG Australia
Our commitment to LGBTQ+ inclusion is underpinned by KPMG’s Global LGBTQ+ Inclusion statement, signaling our collective commitment to drive progress. It includes meaningful and sustainable actions that create a safe, diverse and inclusive workplace.
Here are some of the ways we do that:
- Pride@KPMG - our employee network for LGBTQ+ employees and allies. It has been going strong for over 10 years. Providing opportunities for LGBTQ+ people and allies to connect and learn through regular events like IDAHOBIT and Wear it Purple as well as fundraising activities for community organisations such as Black Rainbow and QLife.
- Through the Pride for Women Network - Pride@KPMG is committed to raising the visibility of LGBTQ+ women.
- Our Trans and Gender Diverse Network - is committed to creating better workplace support for trans and gender diverse people.
- Leading with Pride - KPMG’s LGBTQ+ talent development program available to managers and above who identify as LGBTQ+. The 6-month program focuses on providing authentic leadership skills to help create the LGBTQ+ KPMG leaders of tomorrow.
- Our Gender Affirmation policy - provides leave and benefits for trans employees who are affirming their gender as well as information for leaders and colleagues about how to support someone who is affirming their gender.
- ACON’s Pride in Diversity program – we are a founding member and have participated in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for many years, a benchmarking tool for LGBTQ+ inclusion in the workplace. In 2022, KPMG was awarded Gold Employer tier in the AWEI, and Pride@KPMG won Network of the Year.