Gender Equality at Grant Thornton
Grant Thornton recognises the benefits of diversity in leadership and decision making. Their Gender equity action plan focuses on attracting, retaining and developing talented women at all levels of their career. They are committed to growing a culture of inclusion by continuing to develop consciously inclusive Leaders who value unique perspectives, challenge gender bias and stereotypes and are committed to creating an environment where everyone can thrive. 52% of Grant Thornton’s team members are female.
- Grant Thornton is inclusive and supportive of team members no matter where they are along their career life journey, team members are provided a coach to support them, offered access to funded professional memberships, funded CA qualifications and educational support
- Investments in leadership capability include, Inclusive Leadership training, Inspirational Leadership Program, Accelerated Development Program and Women in Leadership connection events
- Individual flexible work options, known as Flex Appeal and access to purchase leave or career breaks ensures you have the work life balance you need.
- Your health and wellbeing is cared for through, free annual gym membership, Access to Unmind – mental wellbeing app, Assure wellbeing and coaching along with discounted health insurance
- Parents and caregivers are supported through industry leading paid parental leave (all genders) inclusive of birth, adoption, foster carers and still birth as well as access to Circle In – parent and caregivers support platform
- DAWN (Diversity At Work Now) national employee network seeks to build awareness, headline and celebrate diversity and create an inclusive and welcoming work environment across each office. DAWN leads national inclusion initiatives including International Women’s Day each year
- Grant Thornton is proud to be part of the Champions For Action movement consisting of global business figures leading the charge for gender diversity and specifically addressing gender parity at the senior management level. Click here to hear from Grant Thornton’s National Managing Partner Nicole Bradley on Champions For Action. Click here to meet more of Grant Thorntons Champions For Action.
- Click here to see more of their inclusive culture in action.
Awards, accreditations and memberships:
- Employer of the Year – 2022 Women in Finance Awards
- 2022 AWEI Silver Employer Award
- 2021 AWEI Bronze Employer Award
- 2022/2023 Family Friendly Workplace Certified
- 2021/2022 Family Friendly Workplace Certified
- 2021/2022 Diversity Council of Australia Certified Inclusive Employer
- Pride In Diversity Member
- Diversity Council Australia Member
- Asian Leadership Project Member
- Australian Marriage Equality